Monday, December 22, 2008

The Play's the Thing

So I've been working on my Hijinksensue play a lot since I've been done with school (as of Friday at midnight when I got done with my Literary Criticism Paper and got home from the Party- lots of wine + english majors= A LOT of talking and a LONG party).
I want to get it a bit more polished and a lot more done before Christmas, I might take my laptop to South Carolina, but I don't know how much writing I might get done while I'm there. It's at 6 pages right now, and while I've based the idea and the characters off of the people from www.hijinksensue.com Its starting to become my own thing.
Right now I am drinking some wine from Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard (very good by the way), listening to one of Amy's podcasts while she is playing Super Mario Bros 3, and I am not only writing my play, but reading plays that were submitted for the Surfacing Emerging Playwrights Festival. (I'm on the reading Committee and we meet when we get back from break to pick the plays).
A selection of titles from this years submissions:
A Modern Seduction (a play written entirely in chatspeak)
Don't Look Back (a twist on the Orpheus & Eurydice story)
Little Whores and Playgirls
Portrait of the Asshole as a Young Man
Poster World
The Sexual Misadventure of 64 Squares

Ok. I've got stuff to work on. I'll catch you all later.

No comments: